Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So you have pink eye...

Be forewarned, I'm going to mention mucus in this post. 

So last Saturday night my eye started itching like crazy. I ignored it through Sunday morning and decided to wear eye make-up anyway. 

Later that afternoon things got itchier, and then pussier, and progressively more swollen and red. 

All of a sudden my right eye started leaking white stuff. 

You guessed it. 

I have pink eye. 

Fantastic... As if I needed another reason for men to be un-attracted to me. 

Luckily, our sassy black friend in the ward (who just happens to be a white guy from Idaho...go figure) works at a pharmacy. He suggested I get a topical ointment which fortunately saved me from adding to the two hours I had already spent on the phone with my insurance company trying to get antibiotic eye drops sent to Utah. So it's healing. 

I suppose if I were going to look on the bright side of things (which has been admittedly more difficult for me in this situation than I'd like to admit) I now know who my truest friends are. 

There have been those who have looked at me as though I'd contracted leprosy. 

But then there have been those who have seen past the pink eye to the true person. I commend you dear people. And thank you from the depths of my soul. 

It makes the pus-filled days a little more endurable. 

No comments: