Saturday, December 1, 2012

An Experiment in Korean Cooking

I never cooked my entire mission. Ok. Sometimes I would fry up some mondu. And my fried rice isn't too shabby. But mostly, I never cooked my entire mission. This is because one of Lauren's love languages is cooking food. And mine is eating it.

This hasn't really changed much since I've moved back to Provo. Lauren and Lindsay cook. I eat. My Korean room mate cooks. I eat.

This has become such a habit that I rarely make anything myself.

Tonight, I had two tortillas for dinner.

TWO TORTILLAS FOR DINNER! I'm just not cut out for solitary living.

I don't know where I'm really going with this post, (because it is 1 in the morning and I'm a little off my rocker, even though I took a three hour nap this afternoon) except to say I'm trying to make more of an effort to cook, especially Korean, and especially around Lauren and Lindsay.

The other night, Lindsay and I found out that Kimchee fries are a thing. Who knew!?

Mustering up some of the spontaneous spirit that ruled my personality before my mission, I demanded that we try to make Kimchee fries that very night.

And so we did. I even helped chop things.

It may look like worms, but don't worry, it's just delicious meat. 

 The final product: french fries, fried kimchee, bulgoki, and mayo.

The experience was life changing. My taste buds were beyond happy. It was transcendent.

I can't wait for next time. We're going to try it with sweet potato fries, and a fried egg on top.... Dericious.

No comments: