Sunday, November 25, 2012

About Gratitude

An excerpt from my journal on November 25th of last year:

"I want to mention more about the movie we watched last night. It was about the Willie and Martin Handcart companies. Throughout the movie, the Saints only talk about how much they want to get to Zion and enjoy the blessings of the temple. They literally starved and froze to death to reach the Salt Lake Valley. The movie was almost quite graphic in showing those dead bodies... What would those Saints have given for the opportunity that I have; to serve here as I sit at the feet of great men, soaking up the words they speak about the gospel of Jesus Christ. If they would give their lives to be sealed in the temple, how much more would they give to go to the temple once a week, and spend months studying the gospel, and only doing that?"

Last Thanksgiving in the MTC was pretty life changing.

But this Thanksgiving was pretty good too.

 Delicious Korean food with Bushi and Linds

 Good food, good conversation, and good people

 "Christmas time party nails!" 

 Time with my favorite Bush family

Door of Tender Mercies

I have a lot of things to be thankful for: 
-family
-the gospel of Jesus Christ
-my hip

But it was the little things that made this Thanksgiving Break so good. 자매님들, 노무 사랑합니다.  ^^ I'm so glad I got to spend Thanksgiving with you this year.


No comments: