Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary

A year ago exactly I had my first surgery.

Looking over my journal from those couple weeks of hospital stays and doctor visits is always enlightening. I always forget the little miracles that happened during that time; like getting a referral in the waiting room the day before surgery for a Korean living in Seoul. Or how much I grew to know and love the sisters in my district that saw me through doctor's visit after doctor's visit. Or how my surgeon prayed with me before I went in.
And then there's the big miracles; conversations, feelings and prayers that I will never forget. The familiar faces of friends popping through my hospital door sustained me through those times. There's no way I can ever forget the people who made sacrifices to come and see me, or what their eyes said as they sat at the foot of my bed, willing me to get better. Their eyes said I was loved and that they were praying I would be ok.

"As the days continue onward, I realize how blessed I've been to share such beautiful intimate experineces; experiences that I would have never had if I hadn't gone through the things I've gone through. The understanding of God's plan comes in waves. And with those waves of knowledge comes the absolute overwhelming feeling of the love God has for us. He is in the details of our lives. I know that 100%. There is a plan."

I wrote that almost a year ago. But guess what? I still know it's true.




The inside of my hip looks a little like Jupiter. 

Some notes my sweet MTC companion taped all over my bed from other missionaries on our floor. They were waiting for me when I got back from the hospital. 

To celebrate our one year anniversary together, my hip and I are going running tomorrow for the first time in more than a year. Wahoo!  
 

No comments: