Thursday, June 16, 2011

This is my plea

As you might already know, there's a little research project I've been working on for about a year now.

For months, my focus has been sister missionaries. But now, my focus is shifting a little to senior couples.

The purpose of the project is to document the history of the missionary program post WWII. I've done some research on proselyting techniques over the years (so I know all about Mr. Brown now), and the MTCs as well (did you know that they used to be several MTCs, and one was in Hawaii. How nice would that be?), along with all the research I've done on sisters.

But now, it's on to senior couple missionaries. I've done a little background research, and I'm almost ashamed to admit, senior couples are more important to the work than I knew before I began my research. Senior couples are integral in opening new areas. They've helped accomplish this in recent decades in areas like Eastern Europe and Africa.

So, this is my plea: If you know of any senior couples who've served missions, send me their info! I'd love to talk with them.

3 comments:

rachel v. said...

my parents are currently serving a mission in their hometown- would you like to use them for your research? Just let me know!

Lindsey and Jared said...

Do they need to be in Utah?

bekah said...

Nope. I can do a phone interview, or they can answer questions over email. whichever is more convenient. and rachel, that'd be awesome!