Sunday, February 9, 2014

And so it begins.

In the space of about a month and a half, I graduated from college, moved back home, moved across the world, and now I'm here in Jeonju, South Korea.

I think a lot of people have questions about why I moved back here. The answer has a lot to do with my mission. When I was first called to serve in South Korea, I never expected to love the people as much as I did. I never expected my heart to be this full, to feel such a spectrum of emotions for an entire race of people.

So you can imagine it was a little tough for me when I came home early. Korea never left my heart. I knew I had to go back, to make up for the year I missed. Don't get me wrong. It was entirely the right decision for me to come home when I did. I was supposed to be home. But this feels incredibly right too, and I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with a sense of belonging when I met with the sisters yesterday. Right now, I am supposed to be here.

I've already been surprised at the things I can do. I went to the store by myself yesterday and bought a router. I'm not even sure if I can do that in America. Now that I've conquered that fear, I feel like anything is possible.

My schedule will vary, but I'm teaching a mixture of classes, elementary to high school level, with some private tutoring thrown in with several students who are more advanced. They are shocked that I can speak Korean, albeit horrible Korean.

This is going to be a good journey. I can feel it in my bones.

 
And without further ado, a tour of my apartment:

 

No comments: