Monday, March 12, 2012

This is what jet lag does to you

It's almost 6:00 in the morning here. I've been awake since 3.

Because I can't think of anything else to do, naturally I'm getting back into the blogging world.

Oh I've missed writing.

The clacking of the keys beneath my finger tips as my thoughts seem to instantaneously flow onto the computer screen was my favorite type of release.

I was reading over some of my old entries.

I'd forgotten, sometimes I can be funny.

Also, incredibly honest. Perhaps even too honest.

.... oh bother. .... I thought i was the master at getting over jet lag.

But now a word about my current health status, for all those inquiring minds out there:

Yes, it's true. I had surgery last October in the MTC. It's also true that I got pretty sick and spent some time in the hospital. And it's very much true that I was dying to get to Korea, so I wasn't exactly honest with my doctors about how much pain I was in when they cleared me to go.

I figured things would get better.

But, they subsequently got worse.

Missionary work was a blast. I had the most fantastic companions in the world. The best investigators. My life has never been more fulfilling. I went to bed every night exhausted, but on top of the world!

But then there was the hip thing. I finally caved and told my mission President's wife what was going on. Two rounds of steroid treatments, a few phone calls overseas, and many trips to the hospital in Seoul, we all decided it was time for me to head back to the states and get the treatment I need here.

I see another surgeon on Thursday. I probably won't need surgery again. So don't worry about that one!

Aside from the fact that I'm very sleepy, I'm doing fantastic! My hip is already feeling loads better now that I'm not walking as much.

I miss Korea. Most especially the Korean people.

As I won't be doing much with my days at the present, phone calls would be appreciated.

-bex

1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

It was so good to see you yesterday. I am sure all of us ugly Americans aren't nearly as great as the Koreans, but I love you any way. I wish you a speedy recovery and a state-side mission in Korean ;)

XOXO