Thursday, February 24, 2011

Childhood Memories Shattered

Recently, I learned that a beloved movie from my childhood is not exactly what I thought it was.

Scamper the Penguin is really a violent penguin from Russia named Lolo!

Devastation.

I think the most tragic part is that Scamper's father, Gilbert, gets killed trying to save the little baby penguins from the evil "German" (that's still debatable in my book) poachers. There he is, swimming along, and BAM, shot right in the head. There's even blood to complement the unexpected death. Gruesome eh?
Along with the death of Gilbert, there are more dead penguins, annnd bodies that float around in the water after the huge tidal wave over takes the poacher's ship... Darn, I just ruined the movie for you. But what do you expect!?! I just found out the happy childhood movie I once knew as Scamper, is in fact a bloody foreign film starring Lolo the penguin!

I guess it's time to grow up and be an adult now.

No comments: